Our Ethos & Values
Our Federation Ethos:
At the Federation of Kymbrook and Thurleigh Primary Schools, we are very proud of our Federation ethos of:
Enjoyment~ Enrichment~ Excellence~ Equality
- A happy, secure and caring atmosphere where all our children are safe.
- A school with Emotional Health and Well Being at it's centre
- A school where learning is fun and creative.
- A stimulating environment where learning is irresistible.
- A full and rounded education to help our children grasp the opportunities and meet the challenges and responsibilities that lie ahead.
- An education based on learning skills and attitudes to foster independence.
- A motivating culture to develop and nurture independence, confidence and a healthy lifestyle·
- Opportunities for diverse experiences both within and outside school enriching our pupils’ life experiences
- A school geared to enabling everyone to achieve their full potential no matter where that potential lies
- A school that is respected for its educational standards and its continual work to deliver the best possible opportunities for every child in its care.
- A school that motivates every pupil regardless of ability to work to their very best.
- A school based on mutual respect and understanding
- A school determined to be fully inclusive, meeting the needs of all who are a part of our community
- A school where every child and adult is equal regardless of circumstances, race, gender, ability or age
Our Federation Values
We are a Values Federation basing all our shared experiences, practices and behaviour systems firmly on a foundation of shared and understood values. Our new set of school values, recently chosen by children across the Federation, are:
Respect, Independence, Bravery, Determination, Working Together and Kindness.
These values reflect where the children felt our schools stood at the current time and will be woven throughout both Kymbrook and Thurleigh. Values will be visited regularly in our assemblies and are celebrated with certificates in our weekly Celebration Assemblies.
Our values are also reflected within our Positive Behaviour Policy which can be found in the Policies section of our website.