SEND Coordinator is Mrs Morgan; SENDCO Assistant is Mrs Carole Tough.
SEND / Inclusion Governor is Ms Piotrowski
Please click here for the details, if you wish to contact any of the above members of the school SEND team.
From time to time during their Learning Journey, many children may experience some difficulties or barriers to their learning. These may be physical, emotional or learning difficulties. Here at Thurleigh Primary we are proud of the way in which we help children to overcome any difficulties or barriers.
Our full Inclusion Policy can be accessed via the downloads page of our website. Below we set out our 'Core Offer' to pupils at our school that experience the need for help in order to progress.
To All Pupils we offer:
- 'Stage not Age' Sounds Write group
- Strong Emphasis on Skills Acquisition
- Values education
- Well differentiated class teaching
- Access to wrap around care and After School Clubs.
For children who are identified early we offer the above plus:
- Small Groups Early Intervention YR up
- 'Rapid Support' Schemes for small groups.
- A range of screeners including: Dyslexic, Early Number and Pupil Interactive Reading Assessments.
For pupils needing intensive support we offer the above plus:
- Tuition in school to encourage 'keep up'
- Action Plan for Learning Progress - to track intervention
- Work with a variety of external agencies